This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Garrison/Drexilthar (Reaver's Deep 2221)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Drexilthar Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Remarks: Garrison is the inner moon of a gas giant circling Hoshito's star. Long the site of a major Imperial frontier installation,hence the world's name, the planet also has supported a fairly large colony for several hundred years.
Primary: Hoshito's star, spectral class M1V. ICN S4K0601M1V. Mass 0.457 standard. Stellar diameter 0.511 standard. Luminosity 0.0344 standard.
Planetary System: Two major bodies. One Inhabited world (Garrison, la). Two gas giants, one planetoid belt in system.
la Garrison: Mean orbital radius of primary, 29 million kilometers (0.19 AU). Period of primary, 44.75 days ... Primary Is small gas giant designated Obe. Primary diameter, 48,000 kilometers. Density, 0.19. Mass, 10.0 standard. Five satellites ... Garrison, Innermost moon (Ia); mean orbital radius, 144,000 kilometers. Period, 1.92 days ... No satellites ... Diameter, 5,258 kilometers. Density, 0.97. Mass, 0.051 standard. Mean surface gravity, 0.36 G Rotation period: none (tidal lock with primary). Axial inclination, 3°15'5.2" Albedo, .27 ... Surface atmospheric pressure, 0.45atm; composition, standard oxygen-nitrogen mix, breathable without artificial assistance. Hydrographic percentage, 72%, composition, liquid water and water-ice. Mean surface temperature, 5°C.
History & Background (Dossier)
In 1101, following the Birthday Massacre, the planetary population revolted. Local naval and Marine forces were quickly reinforced from neighboring worlds, and the rebellion was rapidly put down. Garrison was declared under martial law, with Marine Commandant Greyson implementing a number of extremely stringent directives to prevent a further outbreak of violence on the world.
Resentment to the military government runs deep, and new protests have begun against Greyson's refusal to hand the reins of government back to civil administrators. It is widely believed that Greyson enjoys his power as Military Governor Pro-Tem and is deliberately slowing any moves towards a return to the pre-rebellion status. Two major protest strikes by starport workers have taken place in the past year (both suppressed by Marines), while four unsuccessful assassination attempts against Greyson have been mounted. Naturally, these activities have done nothing but solidify Greyson's power and give him an excuse to clamp down still farther on the population.
Garrison's high law level indicates extremely rigid controls on civilian movements, almost constant harassment by military police and a stringent curfew imposed on citizens without specific work permits. The planet is posted as an Amber Zone by the Travellers' Aid Society.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: JTAS Library Data
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science