|Claverse/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 1913)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||K4 V D|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Principality of Caledon in the Caledon Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Binary Solar System
Claverse Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) "Dundee"
Primary Main Sequence 0.621 3400 - 4300 0.148 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0059 0.03191 0.31 - 0.5 0.59 5.9 Orbit # * * 1 2 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) "Bonnet" (white dwarf)
Secondary White Dwarf 0.36 14000 - 14000 0.005 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00016 0.00587 0.06 - 0.09 0.016 0.16 Orbit # * * * * 0
Primary: Binary System. Major - Dundee, spectral class F0V. ICN S4G0303F0V. Mass, 1.7 standard. Stellar diameter, 1.7 standard. Luminosity, 6.1 standard. Companion - Bonnet, spectral class M4 VII. ICN S4G0303M4VII. Mass 1. 11 standard. Stellar diameter, .006 standard. Luminosity: .00003 standard. Orbital radius, 0.7 AU.
Planetary System: Five major bodies. One inhabited world (Claverse, I). Four gas giants. One planetoid belt.
I Claverse: Mean orbital radius, 239.36 million kilometers (1.6 AU). Period, 532.4 days. No satellites. Diameter, 11261 kilometers. Density, 1.02 standard. Mass, .683 standard. Mean surface gravity, .89 G. Rotation period: 35 hours, 25 minutes, 30 seconds. Axial inclination, 3°30'26.6". Albedo, 0.46. Surface atmospheric pressure, 1. 1 atm. Composition, standard oxygen-nitrogen mix, breathable by humans without artificial assistance. Hydrographic percentage, 70%; composition, water and frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, 23° C (with minimal influence from binary companion's movement).
History & Background (Dossier)
Claverse was scouted and settled beginning in 170.
- Claverse is a world on the verge of rebellion, proof that even the relative order and stability of the Principality of Caledon is not complete.
Claverse, Admiral Earl Maxwell's home world and military base, has remained dissatisfied with rule by the Campbell dynasty ever since the Admiral's defeat during the Dynastic Crisis of 1024. The world simmered with discontent for many years, and the Campbells were forced to deny Claverse many important freedoms due to the ever-present possibility of armed insurrection. A Royal Governor has been in charge of the planet, suspending the usual principles of the local self-rule, and the planetary naval base is much stronger than the ordinary Caledonian installations (which are generally about the size of Imperial scout installations, and spread thin through the Principality, to keep small but mobile naval task forces available throughout the kingdom).
The most recently appointed governor, Lord John Gunn, proved to be a poor choice to control the unruly planet. A minor riot caused him to take drastic measures, having naval troops fire into the crowd. The result was even more unrest, which Lord John responded to with orders for martial law to be imposed. "Freedom Fighters" have emerged on Claverse, mounting guerrilla raids, stockpiling arms and material, and further increasing tension.
- This is, of course, an ongoing headache for the Government, as the Claverse navy base is a fairly vital outpost against the ongoing decay in the Imperium.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|