|Besholm/Kerr (Massilia 0704)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Primary||G4 V M3 V|
Besholm is a nonindustrial water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Kerr Subsector of Massilia Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Kher.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
A young world, Besholm is completely covered in water.
- Large undersea volcanoes expel noxious gases, which condense in the colder sea water near the surface and pollute the atmosphere. At times eruptions can significantly increase the amount of poisonous gas in a locale to irritant levels, causing severe burns, poisoning or asphyxiation.
Binary Solar System
Besholm Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Besholm
Primary Main Sequence 0.96 4800 - 5700 0.778 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00869 0.07316 0.7 - 1.14 0.869 8.69 Orbit # * * 3 3 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Besholm
Secondary Main Sequence 0.3942 2300 - 3100 0.02 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00404 0.01179 0.11 - 0.18 0.404 4.04 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
Local fauna is partially inedible to human physiology, and a local variant of Vilani Shugilii are an important part of the local social order.
History & Background (Dossier)
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
History-Era: New Era
- During the Collapse the secrets of preparing local food were monopolized by the local Word of God ministry, which eventually took control of the world and its population. While this has staved off starvation, the previous thearch was adamantly opposed to off-world contact that might threaten his rule. Free traders were imprisoned and often executed. A coup by more liberal minded clergy and military officers overthrew him in 1197.