3T class Grav Tank
|Type||Main Battle Tank|
|Crew||3 Driver, Gunner and Commander|
5x TAC missile rails
Firstworlds 3T Grav Tank, TL-11: The vehicle's crystaliron armor sheaths the chassis to levels of protection equivalent or superior to starship hull metal. This design is sealed with life support for the crew in vacuum and protected forces roles. It features a good balance between armor, weapons load but speed suffers due to the input required for the custom plasma cannon. Traditionally deployed in companies of ten tanks with 30 crew, support units are concentrated at higher levels. One of the fundamental trade offs in the design was the decision to put an over-powered custom plasma cannon into a stabilized turret on the vehicle's deck. The vehicles speed drops from quite impressive to a crawl, literally 1/10th the speed. The lack of secondary weaponry suitable for anti-personnel work is also noted as a weakness for the design. The TAC missiles appear as an inexpensive afterthought and are effectively limited to the detection range of the target acquisition LADAR. The Grav Tank is dedicated to eliminating enemy armored vehicles and requires close infantry support to protect it.
No information yet available.
- Height: 1m (+1m turret); Width: 4m; Length: 7m.
- Total usable volume: 42m³
- Total mass loaded: 191 metric tons
- Hull Material: Crystaliron
- Armor: Turret front 54, chassis front 53, turret and chassis sides 50, turret and chassis rear 45, belly and deck 42.
- Target Size DMs: +1 low, +1 high hits
- Production Cost: Cr3,565,132.8
The Grav Tank has two different modes: Weapons Powered and Weapons Off. The Grav Tank has 1 maneuver Gs when the plasma cannon is powered down and 0.1 maneuver Gs when the weapon is ready to fire. NOE flight is limited by available TL–11 avionics and 210 tons of available thrust with the plasma cannon charged.
- Weapons Powered mode: Maximum, 120kph / 100cm; Cruise, 90kph / 75cm, NOE 30kph/25cm.
- Weapons Off mode: Maximum, 1,200kph / 1,000cm; Cruise, 900kph/ 750cm, NOE 150kph/125cm.
- Movement effect on fire: None
Full weapons stabilization.
Turret Mounted Plasma Cannon
This powerful plasma cannon has a 19 MW input, and a 4.56 MW output. This leaves the vehicle with just enough power to move very slowly. The weapon must be powered down to allow rapid advance or retreat which is a serious tactical limitation of the design. It is an overpowered custom design and is fitted with TL–11 direct fire control. The weapon has some burst radius in addition to impact penetration for greater area effect against adjacent targets at short and medium ranges. It can engage a single target per firing phase and is automatically spotted when it fires. It is an attempt to keep pace with more advanced fusion guns deployed on more sophisticated enemy tanks.
|Effective Range||Long Range||Extreme Range|
|2,130m (56)/30m(40)||4,270m (43)/20m(27)||8,000m (16)|
There are five 38.995kg capacity launch rails in a pod on the side of the turret. They use a 20cm HEAP 53 warhead and have a 19km range, or a 9km range with a +10 DM high velocity interceptor variant. It takes a single crew member to manually reload these missiles externally from the cargo bay if additional rounds are available. The homing missiles struggle to achieve intercepts against vehicles protected with advanced ECM abilities. Five missiles are included in the price, a target designated variety is under development.
|Homing||19 km or 9km +10 DM||Cr467.995|
Power / Equipment:
- Power: a stock 40 megawatt fusion power plant
- consumes 60 liters of fuel/ hour; fuel capacity 3,065.725 liters, enough for 51 hours or 2.1 days.
- Sealed environment with extended life support for 3 crew (proof against CBR/NBC threats);
- laser sensor 5+ to detect linked to 100 bottles of prismatic aerosols
- extensive ECM
- battle computer
- map box
- thermal and image enhancement
- 1,000 power maser communicator
- 5,000 power radio
- 20 power target acquisition LADAR
- Vehicle 5
- Electronics 75
- Weapons 20
It was designed by a consortium of large defense contractor companies and manufactured at TL–11, variants of these vehicles are common across the Distant Fringe. These were license built for the Firstworlds at Tal Varisa (world). Variations on this basic design Grav Tank, serve a variety of armies and marine formations. The vehicle has a crew of three: driver, gunner and commander. These probably date from models used during the Scybrian Wars. Users include the High Senate, the Enlightened and the Yimin Jiti.
|This article has metadata.|