From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Individual Survival Kit|
A Survival Kit is a handy portable container holding a variety of emergency equipment.
- A ship's Emergency Locker contains an almost identical assortment of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Tool Apparatuses
- Tool Kits
- Amaze The Native Kit
- Carpentry Tool Set
- Construction Tool Set
- Desert Survival Kit
- Disguise Kit
- Electrical Tool Kit
- Electronics Tool Kit
- Firearm Cleaning Kit
- Gunsmithing Tool Kit
- Hostile Environment Survival Kit
- Lockpick Set
- Mechanical Tool Set
- Medical Kit
- Metalworking Tool Set
- Mountaineer's Kit
- Personal Reentry Kit
- Security Tool Kit
- Survival Kit
- Vehicle Repair Kit
Typical Survival Kit Contents
Each kit contains:
- Filter Respirator Combination
- One per kit, Negligible wt.
- Eight half-liter cans of distilled water. 6kg.
- A thirty day supply of dietary supplements and food concentrates for one person. 1.5kg.
- Cold-Light Sticks
- 30 tubes, when flexed they give off a soft light for 24 hours. The light cannot be turned off once started. 0.3kg.
- A combination long range radio (500 km) and signaling transponder. One per kit. 1.5kg.
- 4 per kit. Signaling devices which, when activated, emit a colored smoke and bright light for 15 minutes. 1 kg.
- Rifle, Survival
- A light-weight rifle which disassembles into three basic components: barrel, action, and hollow stock in which the other two may be stored. A five round magazine inserts into the rifle, forward of the trigger guard, and one round is fired per pull of the trigger. The weapon comes with 500 rounds of ammunition. 2.5kg (including ammunition).
- 2mm diameter x 300 m length, suitable for snares, and so on.
- 1 cm diameter x 50 m length, suitable for climbing and so on.
- Grappling Hook
- A lightweight three-pronged hook, used in climbing, when attached to a rope.
- Climbing Spikes & Hammer
- 24 lightweight metal spikes for climbing steep rock faces, and a hammer for driving them in. Cord, rope, hook, spikes, hammer: 1.5 kg.
- Used in cutting vegetation to clear a path, campsite, etc. 0.35kg.
- 1 kg.
- A loose fitting garment with facemask, gloves, and hood which can be used with a battery operated heat pump to provide protection from all but the most extreme conditions of heat and cold.
- Heat Pump
- Used with the above. When activated, the self-contained battery is good for an average 30 days continuous operation. The heat pump can also be used to heat or cool a shelter, such as a tent or small cave, but its duration is reduced considerably. Suit and pump: 2 kg.
- Water Purification Equipment
- A small distilling apparatus, filters, and chemical purification tablets, capable of removing harmful components from water and rendering it potable. 1 kg.
- An inflatable raft capable of keeping one person (or 120 kgs) afloat in water. 0.5kg.
- A compass, fishhooks and line, matches, etc. Negligible weight.
- Survival Manual
- A hand held portable microfilm reader with self-contained instructions for survival under many adverse conditions. 0.1 kg.
- Carrying Case
- 50 x 40 x 15 cm. 0.1 kg. Total kit weight is 23 kilograms.
No information yet available.
- Citation Missing - Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 5
- Loren Wiseman. Marooned/Marooned Alone (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 4.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 30,34.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science