Solomani Hypothesis: The theory that the many scattered human races in the galaxy all originated on Terra (Solomani Rim 1827) and were transported to their current homeworlds by an alien race (the Ancients) for purposes which remain unclear.
Most other human races accept the idea, but lend it no special importance.
- The hypothesis is used by the Solomani Movement as a basis for its claims for Solomani racial superiority.
History & Background (Dossier)
When the Solomani discovered jump drive in -2431, they also discovered that more than a dozen human races had already colonized the worlds surrounding Earth. At the time, there was no satisfactory explanation for the more than 40 genetically identical human races.
- The Solomani Hypothesis, first proposed by Magis Sergei haut-Devroe, theorized that all of the many widely scattered human races of the galaxy originated on Terra, and he thought that they were transported to their current homeworlds by an alien race (called the Ancients) for purposes which even today remain unclear The approximate date of the scattering has been established as -300,000.
- When Terra was incorporated in the Imperium in 588, a small historical mission verified much of haut-Devroe’s work. The hypothesis was already generally accepted by the majority of the human population in the Imperium.
- More than 40 known human races have been located (and several more of them failed to adapt to their new worlds and are now extinct), only three of these human races have reached widespread prominence they are the Vilani, the Zhodani, and the Solomani.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11 Library Data (N-Z)
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 6: Solomani
- Classic Traveller The Traveller Book
- MegaTraveller Imperial Encyclopedia
- MegaTraveller Player's Manual
- Marc Miller. Marc Miller's Traveller (Imperium Games, 1996), 186.
- GURPS Traveller: Rim of Fire
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science