MegaTraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients
|MegaTraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients|
Quest for the Ancients
|Table of Contents|
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributions (Sources)
Introduction to the Main Scenario In MegaTraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients, you create five characters, male or female, with a variety of attributes and skills. After your characters are generated, you are asked to choose a leader of your group. The introductory sequence of the game is centered around your lead character.
The introductory sequence is actually viewed from a video tape monitor. You were recording highlights of your vacation on the planet Rhylanor, filming the ruins of the famous Ancient site that has been a local tourist attraction for centuries. As you recorded the tour, Mervin, the tour guide, explained that the purpose of the Ancient site has always perplexed experts; no one is sure what the Ancients had in-mind when they constructed the mountainous structure. As the tour continued, the Ancient site mysteriously sprang to life, the ground shook furiously, machines began activating and a bizarre slime began pouring from a complex series of pipes that snaked out across the entire inner structure. Pandemonium broke loose, and your tour group fled to safer ground. Your camera caught the shadowy figures of two mysterious figures fleeing hurriedly from the structure. You didn't recognize them from your tour group. Could they have something to do with this strange and inexplicable occurrence?
After the video concludes, a news flash, detailing the crisis, appears on the screen. Reports indicate that the slime that is pouring from the Ancient site is highly toxic and is killing everything in its path. The Duke of Rhylanor and the Imperial Government have offered a half-billion credit reward for anyone who can stop the flow of the poisonous slime and save the planet Rhylanor from ultimate destruction.
You call your friends to your hotel suite to show them your film. The female of the introduction shows your characters gathered around the monitor. You issue the challenge to your party: to save the planet Rhylanor and share the most substantial reward ever offered by the Imperium.
Your adventure begins outside the hotel in the Rhylanor Startown. So begins an amazing journey that will carry you through the universe to the secrets of the Ancients. It's up to you and your friends to stop the Ancient site and save the planet Rhylanor before it is submerged in deadly slime. 
Table of Contents
| User Guide
|Character Generation||2 (unpaginated)|
|Control Interface||3 (unpaginated)|
|Handy reference for Game Play||5 (unpaginated)|
IN SEARCH OF GRANDFATHER
- OVER 100 NAMED, DETAILED WORLDS. Each completely mapped and explorable. At least a half of a million square miles per planet with starports, cities, terrain, animals and exciting people !
- 10 DISTINCT STARSHIP TYPES. Scouts, Free Traders, Cruisers, Liners and more. There's even a working Ancient ship (if you can find it!).
- ENHANCED CHARACTER GENERATION. Generate both human and Vargr (genetically altered canines) characters for your adventure, and select from a variety of careers including mercenaries, scouts and naval officers. Carefully generate your characters or have the computer do it for you in a flash!
- EXCITING LOCATIONS TO VISIT. Populated, working cities. Library data terminals. Starships with deck plans. Rail and monorail transport on world surfaces, Gambling casinos, Stores and shops, Taverns. Trade and commerce outlets. Hospitals. Shipyards. Vehicle rental locations. Ancient sites and more!
Computer Technical Specifications
INTUITIVE COMBAT SYSTEM ON THE GROUND AND IN SPACE Your characters will act and react intelligently in a crisis situation based on their individual skills. Combat sequences are NON-ARCADE .
- TECHNICAL ENHANCEMENTS, including 256 color MCGA graphics and music and sound effects that support Ad Lib, Sound Blaster, Covox and Roland .
- SCENARIO AND GAME DESIGN BY Marc Miller, adventure gaming Hall of Famer and the original creator of the Traveller universe itself! !
THE LEGEND OF THE ANCIENTS… ANIMATED INTRODUCTION
- CHARACTER GENERATION
- GROUND EXPLORATION AND COMBAT
- SPACE TRAVEL AND COMBAT
- Supports 256 color MCGA, High Res EGA, EGA, CGA and Tandy 16-color.
- Supports Ad Lib, Sound Blaster, Tandy 4-voice, Covox and Roland.
- Supports keyboard, joystick and mouse.
- Personal Armor
- Protective Gear
- Alell (world)
- Boughene (world)
- Efate (world)
- Emerald (world)
- Forboldn (world)
- Louzy (world)
- Menorb (world)
- Mithras (world)
- Pixie (world)
- Uakye (world)
- Yres (world)
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
The series was to have three titles, but only two of them made it to publication:
- MegaTraveller 1: The Zhodani Conspiracy
- MegaTraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients
- MegaTraveller 3: The Unknown Worlds (Unpublished)
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Game software released by||Paragon|
"COMMENTARY & DATA ARTICLES:"
- EXTERNAL LINK: RPG NET Entry
- EXTERNAL LINK: Wikipedia Entry
- EXTERNAL LINK: MOBY GAMES Entry
- EXTERNAL LINK: ARCHIVE Page
- EXTERNAL LINK: Abandonware
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at MegaTraveller_2:_Quest_for_the_Ancients. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Marc Miller. "User Guide." MegaTraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients (1991): page/s 1.