Val Marin class Supersonic VTOL
|Val Marin class Supersonic VTOL|
Unpublished, non-canon vehicle design.
|Mode||Flight (Jet Aircraft)|
- This is a high speed troop High Senate transport. It can carry a small platoon of 28 troopers. It is armed with a 2cm point defense auto-cannon. This Val Marin (world) designed plane has a crew of 2, a pilot and a gunner in armored complex cockpits, with advanced ejection seats. The supersonic VTOL airframe is locally manufactured with enhanced controls.
- Vehicle Dimensions: 1,200 m3 ready for combat, 400 m3 packed for shipping.
- Total mass: 20 tons loaded.
- Production Cost: Cr. 8,551,796.6
- Movement: Maximum 2,785kph/2,320cm, cruise 2,088kph/1,740cm, NOE 140kph/117cm.
- Movement effect on fire: None
- Turns: 65 degrees
- Agility: 35
- Equipment: 5,000 power radio, TL 10 avionics, map box, extensive ECM, thermal, 5,000 power radio jammer, 10 power target acquisition LADAR, full weapon stabilization.
- Power: 2.32 megawatt basic turbojet power plant consumes 22.62 liters of fuel per hour, fuel capacity 486.6 liters, enough for 21.5 hours. The basic turbojet engines generate 58 tons of thrust for a 2.9 G rating loaded.
- Weapons: There is a stabilized 2cm hypervelocity electric action autocannon, in the nose. It is equipped with TL A point defense fire control with 6 dice versus fire. There is storage for 1,600 0.4kg rounds, enough for 20 fire phases. A full load of KEAP is included in the price. It can engage eight targets and has a +1 signature. Its direct fire characteristics are:
- Effective Long Extreme
- 300(24)+4 400(22)+3 550(20)+1
- Ammo Available:
- HE 5/1/1 Cr. 2
- HEAP 9 Cr. 3
- KEAP 24/22/20 Cr. 2
- KEAPER 22/20/18 Cr. 2.2
- Flechette 3 +2 20cm Cr. 10
- Vehicle: 12
- Weapons: 12
- Electronics: 32
Basic Vehicle Characteristics
Following the Imperial Army and IISS Universal Vehicle Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the vehicle when applicable. Tonnage on the universal vehicle profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary.
|1.||Tonnage||Total mass loaded: TBD metric tons.
|9.||Fuel||Fuel capacity TBD liters, enough for TBD hours (...almost TBD standard days).|
|10.||Cost||Production Cost: Cr. TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD weeks.|
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|