Welcome. Thank you for your work and edits.
- Please contact Thomas Jones-Low or Maksim-Smelchak for assistance or direction at the Traveller RPG Wiki if desired.
- Please contact Maksim-Smelchak at CotI.
Nice work on the logos. I wish I was this talented.
Megacorporation logos (2019)
Not to put a damper on your excellent work, but the Megacorporations all have Logos. Originally published in MegaTraveller Journal 3, and in GURPS Traveller: Far Trader. Marc also has copies of these, and so should Maksim. Though I like your logo for Horteliz et Cie better. And since this is a historical company, they may have had their own real logo. Tjoneslo (talk) 18:16, 23 April 2019 (EDT)
The different logos can be set to multiple periods where there is overlap. It's not a worry.
Thanks for your comments. I figured that they had to be somewhere out there. It certainly wouldn't bother me if someone wanted to replace mine with the "official" graphics. --Dave
Yours will be used and credited one way or another.
- Thank you, Dave.
- The goal is always to preserve, not delete, content.
- I have restored the other logo. There is always a way.
- The wiki's goal as stated in Traveller Ethos and Canon is to preserve, even semi-canon or fan materials.
Logo Design (2019)
No, but it has quite a few from which to choose.
- Well, that's too bad. The reason I ask is because there is a bilanidi font which is the Traveller font. I can send you a copy if you would like. It's also installed here at the wiki. Use the Template:Vilani to get bilanidi (Anglic: bilanidi). Tjoneslo (talk) 23:44, 23 April 2019 (EDT)
I had thought about using such fonts - and it's a moot point with the online designer - but decided that I wanted people to be able to read them. One could consider that these logos have been processed by the "universal translator" or other similar handwaving technology.
We can always remake them later if we want.
- However, Anglic is the dominant lingua franca so it makes sense.
- I and others have been developing these ideas on the language page.
Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent Distant Fringe company logos. Absolutely splendid!
The collection of your logos (2019)
Deleting old revisions of the images (2019)
I appreciate the effort to remove the older, large, and probably unused versions of the corporate images. It really isn't necessary on the basis of space use. The images are not large (~80Kb each), so 700 images takes ~56Mb of space. The current size of the images data in the Wiki is about 1,700 Mb. There is still sufficient space on the server to hold several times the current image data size before anything needs to be done. Thank you for your immense effort in getting all of these images created and uploaded. Tjoneslo (talk) 19:09, 1 November 2019 (EDT)
OK. Maksim had told me that space might be an issue earlier in the year, and I thought that more of the old ones had already been removed. You have saved me a lot of work in going through the collection. --CaveDoctor (talk) 19:15, 1 November 2019 (EDT)
Marc asked me to minimize image space.
Let's leave it alone for now while Thomas does what he needs to do.
I leave this to your discretion. The point I was trying to make was you, and all the contributors, should not be worried about space on the server. There is space for several years worth of work for everyone. And several years worth of work to be done. Thank you for your help Tjoneslo (talk) 07:40, 2 November 2019 (EDT)
I don't believe it's a space issue, but one of minimizing hosting costs.