Hi, welcome to Traveller RPG! Thanks for your edit to the Orion OB1 Association page.
I've added an imagemap subsector template to the Mintaka Subsector page. But the image size doesn't match the default map positions. If you like this size of subsector image, I'll take some time to figure out the map locations for the worlds on it. I'll just need to know what you are using to generate the maps.
Otherwise, thanks for contributing. Tjoneslo 19:58, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
UWP changes (2012)
I knew of the UWP changes for T5, but have not see the list nor the updated UWPs. I lost track of the discussion(s) for T5 and the changes being pushed. I'm not sure if the changes are meant to replace the classic Traveller/Mongoose Traveller ones or T5 is generating for a new era. If you know of these discussions, I'd love to read through them, otherwise I'll go hunt them down. Tjoneslo 16:55, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
The Traveller Wiki is leaving Wikia: Forum:Traveller_Wiki_is_leaving_Wikia
User Updates (2013)
The Edit counts for all the users got reset when the move occurred, a consequence of not having direct access to the wikia user database. You're still listed in the page histories, it's just not connected to your user.
I did not get a chance to move our conversation and the final edits to the forum before Wikia took the wiki down. I think the final outcome of our conversation was: No I've not updated the wiki with the changes to the Spinward Marches changes from T5, but it is now on my Todo List. Feel free to add details there if I've forgotten something.
Contacting Aramis via Wiki (2013)
Doesn't work well - Aramis only rarely logs into the wiki. Use the Contact Us button or email the Contact Us email (remove spaces)coti cu 2013 @ travellerrpg. com (/remove spaces) Aramis (talk) 16:47, 21 September 2013 (EDT)
Hfiywitir Sector Build-out (2016)
- I'd like to know more about the Etra and/or develop the race if you'd like apartner in crime. LOL
- I also put down a development template (organizational lay-out) for your Etra.
- You can sign your name by typing four tildes in a row (the top left of the keyboard under the Esc button).
- Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 10:02, 22 January 2016 (EST)
Thanks, the page looks good! :)
- Have you seen this COTI thread?
- Yep, I saw it, looks good.
- I know, I'm familiar with MediaWiki sites. ;)
- 77topaz (talk) 15:14, 23 January 2016 (EST)
Apocryphal Subsector Names (2016)
I started working on fixing the broken inward/outward/clockwise/counterclockwise links on the existing subsectors. Initially, I started replacing them with the TravellerMap names. Then, one of the names I put in created a link to one of the Varun subsectors. I changed some of the links in Aldebaran's subsectors back to the apocryphal names so that the links would take the user to the next subsector over as it is currently defined on the wiki. Would it be preferable to use the TravellerMap names? (Unsigned post by Ovka)
Yes, as the current TravellerMap names will likely be those used for the Traveller 5 Second Survey, not the apocryphal ones. Also, please sign your posts on discussion pages with ~~~~. 77topaz (talk) 15:19, 6 February 2016 (EST)
- Topaz, the links were missing at Maksim-Smelchak/Disambiguation Pages because I simply hasn't gotten to them yet. I have invested a lot of time trying to transform the Wiki from a great work to a fantastic work and sometimes the projects are overwhelming: building out entire sectors, developing new templates & organizational layouts, working with Thomas to enable new world features, updating the allegiance tables, updating Steve's older disamnig pages, implementing innovations, etc. I leave many of these things in my notes and come back to them later. You got to them before I did. I've learned to just take one small step at a time. Thank you!
- Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 06:54, 12 February 2016 (EST)
(They've been incorporated into the T5SS, so they *are* canon.)
I think you are overreaching just a little. The "T5SS label" indicates that the data for the world in questions makes sense from a rules point-of-view. Alliances and sophont names should also be stable. The sophont write-up is not necessarily canon, that would need approval from "the Emperor" (after all we are playing in his sandbox, but he may not let us use his toys - so we bring our own). Ssteve (talk) 03:17, 27 February 2016 (EST)