The relations table doesn't seem to fit with the trade relations table in Merchant Prince:
Alien Trade Effects As Dr Hv Im Kk So Va Zh As __ -2 +1 Dr __ +2 Hv +1 __ -2 Im __ -1 Kk __ -2 So +1 -1 __ Va -4 __ Zh +1 +1 -2 __
Row selling to column
i.e. K'kree hate Vargr and vice versa, not Hivers as the main table has it. Droyne like Zhodani and vice versa. Imperials don't like Hiver goods which seems odd, but the table is really a price adjustment, not just a reaction based one so this might be explained by the volume of trade done.
The storyline was changed in later books.
- Thank you for your edits.
- Please name your account and sign your name by typing four tildes.
- External Link: Are the Aslan a major race?
Reformatting the tables (2016)
- The tables on this page are unreadable. Most of the columns are only a few words except for the notes columns. If you can remove the notes column to either a list afterwards or change it to a link to a sub page (e.g. , Major Race/Aslan, Major Race/Vargr, etc.) it would make the tables much more readable.
- Tjoneslo (talk) 06:57, 1 August 2016 (EDT)
- User:Tjoneslo, I have made some changes. Are they better now?
- Do you mostly use a cell phone to read the pages?
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 02:16, 19 November 2016 (EST)
- I am cool with that. I typically use a PC and typically Chrome or Edge. I occasionally use a Droid cell phone.
- I appreciate what you are doing, but I can say that using those platforms, the page is actually more cumbersome now and less accessible. Users have to click one more time now to reach good content.
- I frequently work the blind or seeing-impaired and those extra reference pages make it more difficult for them.
- No arguments, just pointing that out for your consideration. I really appreciate what you do and I am doing my damnest to build a community of regular users here.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 08:04, 20 November 2016 (EST)
- The text in the table and the summary following the tables were completely different. So I move the note/s to the after the table, where the could be made consistent and easier to read. Good content is a good goal, but being able to read it should be of some importance. Tjoneslo (talk) 14:03, 20 November 2016 (EST)
Smelchak Notes (2016)
Accepted Sophonts: Seven of the original eight Classic Traveller Alien modules (those produced by GDW) focused on this commonly accepted list of Major Races.
- The eighth module was on the Darrians who at one point claimed to be a major race branch of Humaniti but were latter classified as a minor race.
- The Vilani, the missing race from the original Classic Traveller Alien modules were not covered in the Alien modules as they are assumed to be the standard humans of the Traveller Core rulebooks.
6 + 3 = 9 Major Races (...or 5 + 3 = 8)
6 Major Races List: (The Big Six or 6)
Major Races of Humaniti: (The Human Three)
TOTAL: (...all major races per canon)