The TL-Negative or TL-Neg period represents a time before technology, when life is evolving towards sophonce, towards higher intelligence.
- TL-Neg is a pretechnological time.
- TL-Neg lifeforms are known as creatures or by more specific terms.
Evolution is the primary “tool” for affecting change and it does not work quickly.
History & Background (Dossier)
Pre-sophontic lives are the lives of creatures or animals. However, while manysophonts are limited to thinking of animals... Plants, fungi, and a whole variety of lifeforms are all included in this category.
All non-sophontic beings are TL-Neg creatures. This includes:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 14-15.Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), 14-15.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Companion (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 28-29.
- Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas. World Builder's Handbook (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 7.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 378.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 502-507.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science