Mongoose Traveller: Sector Fleet
|Available from||DriveThru RPG, Mongoose|
|Also See||Grand Fleet|
Mongoose Traveller: Sector Fleet is a sourcebook for all versions of Traveller. Concentrating on the Imperial Navy of the Third Imperium, it presents data on naval operations, procedures and ships for many interstellar powers including the Solomani Confederation, the Julian Protectorate, and the Two Thousand Worlds.
Sector Fleet details the role and organization of an interstellar navy as well as the specifics of shipboard protocol such as command devolution, legal and illegal orders, and how much latitude a starship captain has once underway. Sector Fleet also presents details of the exact composition of an Imperial Sector and Subsector fleet; ship strengths and types, and the vital role played by reserve and Colonial forces in backing up the main strength of the Sector Fleet. The fleets of the entire Spinward Marches are described in this book.
Sector Fleet contains answers to some of the Big Questions concerning the Imperial Navy:
- What missions does the Navy actually carry out?
- Can a Sector Duke legally give orders to a naval Admiral?
- How does the Navy recruit and train its personnel?
- How many patrol ships are available in a typical subsector?
- When the Bridge is shot away, who takes command?
- What is the composition of a Sector Fleet?
- When is an order illegal? Should it be obeyed anyway?
- What jurisdiction does a corporate Route Protector have?
- How much does an Able Spacehand get paid?
- When a Commodore commands a single-ship force, is the Captain still in command?
- Admiral of the Imperial Grand Fleet
- Martin Dougherty
- Commodore of the Imperial Bodyguard Squadron
- Neil Frier
- Chief Of Staff
- Roger Calver
- Inspector-Admiral of Imperial Dockyards
- William Andersen
- Boarding Party Members
- Don McKinney, Shane McLean, Nate Zettle, Michael Taylor
Table of Contents
|Chapter 1: The Grand Fleet of the Third Imperium||8|
|Chapter 2: A history of the Imperial Navy||12|
|Chapter 3: Structure and Organization of the Grand Fleet||33|
|Chapter 4: Personnel||53|
|Chapter 5: Deployments and procedures||67|
|Chapter 7: The Spinward Marches sector fleet||90|
|Chapter 8: Opponents, allies, and Rivals||125|