A Low Temperature Atmosphere is a type of atmosphere known for extremely low temperatures.
The actual gas mixes which go with worlds with hostile temperature ranges will vary. Low-temperature worlds tend to have combinations of methane and ammonia in their atmosphere. 
To combat problems of temperature, protective suits and vacc suits must be equipped with suitable heating or cooling equipment, Such equipment (normally built into vacc suits and is available for installation and use with protective suits) will combat the effects of temperatures designated as low or high. Extreme temperatures cause further problems and can put the atmosphere over the edge into an insidious classification without heavy-duty equipment and multiple backup systems. See the section on equipment for some specific items designed to combat these problems. 
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & contributors (Sources)
||This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 5, 9, 17, 19.Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), 5, 9, 17, 19.
- J. Andrew Keith. Exotic Atmospheres (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), 1-16. (Special Supplement 2 from the periodical Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 17)
- Joe Fugate. Grand Survey (Digest Group Publications, 1986), 19, 27-28, 34-35, 45.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 22.
- Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas. World Builder's Handbook (Digest Group Publications, 1989), 64-68.
- Terrance McInnes, Dave Nilsen. World Tamer's Handbook (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 11-17, 84, 90-91.
- Jon F. Zeigler. First In (Steve Jackson Games, 1999), 67-73.
- Paul Drye, Loren Wiseman, Jon F. Zeigler. Interstellar Wars (Steve Jackson Games, 2006), 125-6.
- Gareth Hanrahan. Core Rulebook (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), 41, 137, 170-171, 179.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 409.
- Paul Elliott. The Universal World Profile (Zozer Games, 2016), 13-18.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) Jonathan Sherlock
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science