|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||7,495|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||7,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||44,000|
Lakea is an icy, non-agricultural and nonindustrial vacuum world, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. This is a high technology world with available technology over the standards for Charted Space. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Udusis Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Lakea, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Irash Cluster.
Lakea Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Lakea Primary Red M0 V
History and Background
Lakea was settled in 600’s, leading up to the Imperial Civil War. Before her settlement, she was most famous as a refuelling stop for the Majestic Circuit of Emperor Anguistus (arrived day 295, departed day 297, of the year 357 of the Imperial Era). These three days are still celebrated: Emperor Anguistus remains the only Emperor to have extensively toured the Imperial Empty Quarter, and remains the favored Emperor of Emptyheads everywhere.
The system has prospered quite pleasantly since the Civil War, and is a local center of technological goods and large capital equipment, including starships. Unlike the other systems, Lakea is on the X-Boat route, and is the place to get the latest news. A highly sophisticated form of American Indian culture, closely coupled with the rough democratic and frontier ethics of the early United States, makes Lakea the center of American Indian society within the Empty Quarter.
The system was traditionally guarded by one of the mercenary ‘braves societies’ of the American Indians, but recently one of these societies have chosen to swear fealty to the Imperial Baron (and Great Chief) of Lakea. The Eagle Claw comprises of two Broadswords and two Empress Maravas (retooled for mercenary service): two dedicated SDB boats are expected to be commissioned for their use by day 250 of the year 993 Imperial. There were an increased level of pirate activity in the years 990 - 992, but an Eagle Claw strike at their base of operations (such as it was) put an end to it. Current pirate activity is notable for its absence.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Lakea 1738 A202623-B Ic Na Ni Va 924 Im
- CT - 1105 - Lakea 1738 A202623-D Ic Na Ni Va 724 Im
- MT - 1125 - Lakea 1738 C202676-A Ic Na Ni Va 524 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - Lakea 1738 X202000-0 Ba Ic Va 024 --
References and Contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jason Kemp. "Delta Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector- Udusis Subsector." Stellar Reaches 02 (2005): 8. -UWP Only
- Jason Kemp. "Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993." Stellar Reaches 05 (2006): 37. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 48. - UWP Only
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication