This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Kolath/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 2313)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||F3 V M9 V|
Kolath is a pre-agricultural, moderate population rich garden world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- Garden worlds are known for their near-ideal utopian environments conducive to most sophonts, plants, animals, and other forms of life.
- It is a pre-agricultural world with an environment suitable for large scale agricultural and livestock industries that have not yet been widely developed.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts, although considered part of the Third Imperium, located in the Scotian Deep Subsector of the Reaver's Deep Sector.
- This world has a colonies at:
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- The Hegemony is considered a part of the Imperium.
- Society on Kolath is highly regimented, and outsiders find it easy to run afoul of local laws. There is considerable turmoil in the Hegemony at present, since it seem likely that the Imperium is working to strip away Kolath's remaining possessions. Although no one could expect to rebel successfully, there is much agitation against Imperial policies, making the world a veritable powderkeg about to be set off.
- This system is part of the Gerim Trace.
Binary Solar System
Kolath Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Kolath Primary Primary Yellow-White F3 V None Kolath Companion Secondary Red M9 V None
Primary: Thor, spectral class G4V. ICN S4G0703G4V. Mass 0.96 standard. Stellar diameter 0.934 standard. Luminosity 0.778 standard.
Planetary System: Ten major bodies. One inhabited world (Kolath, II). Four gas giants. Two planetoid belts.
II Kolath: Mean orbital radius, 106.22 million kilometers (71 AU). Period 223.0 days. Two satellites. Diameter, 12405 kilometers. Density, 0.97 standard. Mass, 0.650 standard. Mean surface gravity, 0.85 G. Rotation period: 27 hours, 7 minutes, 32 seconds. Axial inclination 28°34'12.1". Albedo, 0.26. Surface atmospheric pressure 0.95 atm. Composition, oxygen-nitrogen mix, breathable without artificial assistance. Hydrographic percentage, 71%; composition, water and frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, 20°C.
History & Background (Dossier)
Remarks (Non-canon): The Hegemony is administratively independent from the authority of the neighboring Nightrim subsector, which governs other Imperial territory in this area. This local autonomy is a long-standing arrangement; it dates back to the latter part of the Aslan Border Wars period (the Imperial phase, 200-380), when the Imperium was just beginning to expand into Reavers' Deep in the face of oppositions from various Aslan clans. Kolath at that time was a late Reaver Kingdom, encompassing its present area plus Gash (Reaver's Deep 2116), Gerim (Reaver's Deep 2416) and Mer (Reaver's Deep 2414). Already organized, the region served as an excellent springboard for an Imperial presence in the area, so treaties were signed binding Kolath to the Imperium, but with a grant of local autonomy. As time went on, Gash pulled out of the Hegemony, and the Imperium found it expedient to detach Gerim and Mer. Current trends hint that Rock will be the next to go. Still, Kolath remains set in its insistence on internal autonomy, ruling its possessions in accordance with tradition.
The government of Kolath is the Council of Warlords, a body which was originally a military junta of Reaver leaders. It is an elected body, but members of the 15-man council are elected for life. Military service is a prime prerequisite for election, for Kolath is a martial culture. It has been some time since the Imperium permitted Kolath a sizable interstellar fleet, but recruitment for Imperial armed forces (especially the Navy and Marines) is high on Kolath, and their personnel have a justifiable famous reputation as superb fighters.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science