A Kiloliter is a unit of measurement of volume.
A liter is a unit of measurement of volume frequently used for equipment and robotic design.
- A Kiloliter is one thousand (103) liters.
- The common Imperial abbreviation is kl.
A Kiloliter is equal to one billion (109) cubic millimeters.
- a cube with a volume of 1 kiloliter has dimensions of 1 meter x 1 meter x 1 meter (a cubic meter, 1m3).
Designers comfortable with kiloliters use it when designing vehicles and starships.
History & Background (Dossier)
The Kiloliter was first defined as a unit of volume on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the Kiloliter useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- ↑ An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak