A Frozen World is most often located substantially beyond the Habitable Zone of a system (HZ+2 or greater) and environmental temperatures are well below the freezing point of many gases.
Frozen worlds are often also vacuum worlds although substantial atmospheres may also be present.
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
Frozen worlds may be particularly valuable in systems where water or other valuable resources are at a premium. Worlds with frozen water are often valuable resource sources for terraforming companies. Bombarding a promising world with ice asteroids is often a very successful practice leading to a world with an increasingly desirable hydrography rating.
References & Contributors (Sources)
||This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Beowolf's Libary Data Website dead link
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science