The Derchon Anomaly is an unsolved mystery.
- As its name indicates, it is an Anomaly.
In early 1102, an unidentified object transited the outer reaches of the Derchon (Spinward Marches Lunion) system, following a roughly Coreward-Coreward-Trailing vector. It was traveling at such high velocity (estimated 0.12C) that no ship could possibly intercept it.
Sensor data revealed that that:
- 1) The object had a high albedo
- 2) It was spinning or tumbling rapidly
- 3) Its mass was in the 1,000-2,000 ton range
- 4) It was highly radioactive
Although the object was not under acceleration, these facts argue strongly in favor of some type of artificial construction.
Similar occurrences have been noted before in the Marches, but have been dismissed as Old Spacer's Tales.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This mission is primarily based out of the following sector:
World Listing: 1105