|Amaryllis/Tsent (Delphi 1407)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Amaryllis is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Tsent Subsector of Delphi Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
With a 0.43 G's surface gravity, and 1.21 atmospheric air pressure, the planet has a molten iron core, which results in a 4.66 g/ml density.
- The climate is frozen. Active Terra-forming takes place on its surface as it orbits 1.56 AU from the binary stars.
Binary Solar System
- No results
Amaryllis Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Amaryllis
Primary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Non Canon: Long ago in a rare moment of cooperation a tiny front company for a huge Vilani Megacorporation/bureau, expert in the field of robotics and in terra-forming, was hired to gently adjust this world into something a little more comfortable for colonial exploitation. The project was ambitious but the world held potential. The Makhidkarun designers knew it would take a really long time to make these climate adjustments. They constructed at great cost, a set of huge terra-forming robots. Each is 700 m long and crawls on ten massive legs. They are armored to resist the punishment of time. They are completely sealed and filled with tiny self repair machines which move about inside the hulking construct adjusting and self repairing. An advanced computer system was selected for its long term stability and reliability. They have shielded data base archives and expert systems with extensive fiber optical back up systems. Massive fusion power plants power the battle cruiser sized devices. Their enormous bulk suspended by gigantic arrays of anti-grav generators which are cycled to allow it to move about at a slow steady pace for the thousands of years envisioned for them to complete their tasks. Titanic cooling and exhaust towers inhale raw atmosphere and fusion reactions recombine molecules into gases more friendly to human habitation. Of the original fleet of two hundred machines only twenty three are still working as they close in on their goal from their origins prior to the rule of man. The automated miners and autonomous repair and maintenance faculties barely manage to shuttle out new parts and replacements. The machines have taken to cannibalizing the broken down hulks to keep running.
- The hulls are several meters thick, and are bonded super dense armor with nuclear dampers available. Meson guns would be required to stop one of these leviathans. Eventually uninvited, unauthorized human squatters showed up. They found these machines slowly moving across the lands tending cold weather ecosystems and care-taking a world ripe for careful colonization. To fend off the bitter cold, despite the twin suns, they decided to live on the broad backs of these crawling land ships. Over time the culture lost much of its indigenous manufacturing capability. They have no ability to interfere with the terra-formers, and don't want to. Their crude villages are lashed to the metal exo-skeletal structures, and scarcely hinder the behemoth machines which take no notice of their presence. The simple villagers shelter in the machines fusion powered waste heat, they reap the fresh water benefits from the exposed condenser coils and air vents. The cooling towers out gas pure oxygen and nitrogen for fresh air. They use simple hand gliders, hot air balloons and blimps to forage and collect resources away from their home machines. When machines cross paths native human machine parasites conduct cultural trade exchanges. Colorful festivals, parties and weddings are also hastily prepared.
- Eventually an imperial knight was sent to take stock of the situation. Having served seven terms he was forced from the beloved corps. Still fresh and vital in his own mind he sought another challenge and an opportunity for a noble end. He wants to leave a mark, he wants to die a legend and not a footnote. He was accompanied by his loyal Droyne man servant and personal minder/valet. A towering, handsome marine officer from a minor noble house, he served with distinction and had a successful military career. Rewarded with medals and high rank he had always been renowned for his super human strength and tireless endurance. He had been a sports hero at the academy prior to his commission into active fleet marine duty. He had always sought a heroic death in glorious struggle as part of a valiant battle against the enemies of the empire. Unfortunately, despite his numerous battles and campaigns waged, and having tasted victories and defeats, he never managed to die. Now very old and frail, his vast musculature drifting away and his mind now dwelling more in the glories of the past as his vision of the present fades. He is seen wandering alone astride his military grade grav cycle armed for battle with its sophisticated sensors compensating for his failing ones. His incredibility advanced TL–16 and fully weaponized battle armor, keeps him alive and is smart enough to shield its occupant against environmental threats. His tiny silent squire follows him always on his endless quest. His trump card is an armed drone, which loiters just beyond visual to rain down on demand fire support at a moment's notice. The locals show respect and he meets with their councils to dispense judgement and mete out justice. He is seen as a neutral third party to settle disputes between autonomous crawling machine villages.