Talk:Tarsus (SM 1138) (world)
- EXTERNAL LINK: How Much Adventure Can Fit on One Planet? Find Out in Tarsus: World Beyond the Frontier
The events of year 670 not mentioned in writeup.
- Tarsus (Spinward Marches 1138) electorate reform distributes 1000 new votes for every old vote; the new votes can be bought, sold or traded.
- Do you have the original source for this? I should be added to the original article, along with the source information.
- - Tjoneslo (talk) 22:20, 13 June 2014 (EDT)
- The item was already posted on 670 when I ran across it by Rycharde.
- - Jmattera (talk) 23:11, 13 June 2014 (EDT)
Harvesting nobbles (large migratory grazers) is the primary occupation of 10% of the planet’s 2.332 million inhabitants, and an important sector of the Tarsan economy. There are over 4000 nobble ranches circling a vast expanse of stepland named Nob Plain, the average distance between them being 50 km. Nobble ranching is regulated by the Ag Market, which awards a finite number of contracts per year, each for 100 animals. The nobbles are culled while the vast herds are on the move, and as they average 20 km/hour, this is done as quickly as possible so that the carcasses may be efficiently processed. Once killed, the animals are skinned, their carcasses dressed, and the meat and hides taken to a pre-designated rendezvous point to be picked up by shuttle.