How can Sabmiqys be TL-7 in Milieu:0? Sabmiqys is TL-17 because the Pseudo-Bio-Androids from long ago still run the world after the destruction of the majority of the biological Sabmiqys. The Old Ziru Sirka encountered Meson-fire from Sabmiqys, causing them to quarantine the world. Have I missed or forgotten something?
- Because the First Survey book was generated without regard to prior history of published books and using a bad random number generator. The data in that book has been de-canonized, and if you find contradictions assume the other source is correct. Tjoneslo (talk) 02:46, 9 April 2019 (EDT)
Exactly. Many of the earlier MGT book have the same issues. That's a big reason why we work on the wiki, is make the data more available to reduce the discontinuity.
- It might also be possible that the Sabmiqys slid back societally after major war... a serious regression. Any possibility could happen with the right story telling.
A couple of notes: the Milieu 0 data lists the mainworld as size 1 with standard atmosphere; T5 data lists the mainworld as size 5. Either the mainworld was different or one size (probably M0) is wrong.
- In -5889 the Vilani had not achieved J-2, so sublight travel or some other means must have facilitated Vilani exploration of the long main which includes Sabmiqys.
- - 22:00, 10 December 2013 Garnfellow
The T5 Second Survey changed the size of every world as listed with a real atmosphere to a minimum of either 4 or 5. So expect this a great deal when comparing T5 to any earlier version.
- See Mains.png -> this is a map of the mains in and around the Third Imperium. The Vilani required two J-2 hops to make it to the Antares Main. And while Interstellar Wars makes clear that deep space jumps are not usual, finding a midpoint object for these kind of jumps is possible (see also Terran first jump to Barnard's Star).