(Redirected from Slower Than Light)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It is the opposite of FTL: Faster Than Light
- It is a term used in space and starflight to contrast with the standard FTL-Drive in use throughout Charted Space, the Jump drive.
- Speed of Travel
- While NAFAL is sometimes used as general term for STL interstellar drives, it more properly denotes a particular type of gravitic-based long-range/long endurance propulsion system.
- Relativistic Travel
NAFAL drives are slow compared to FTL drives. They are relativistic and cannot exceed the light speed limits.
- White Dwarf Issue 32 by: Marcus L. Rowland in Article: "STL: Slower than Light Ships"
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science