|Htalrea/Ea (Reaver's Deep 1226)
|Classic Era (1115)
|Starport||E|| Frontier - no facilities
Size||7|| Medium (11,200 km, 0.70g - 0.94g)|
Hydrographics||7|| Wet World 70%|
Population||6|| Moderate (1 million)|
Law||0|| No Law|
Tech Level||0|| Pre-Industrial (primitive)
Htalrea is a rich, agricultural, nonindustrial garden world with a near-ideal, utopian environment conducive to most sophonts and high-grade living conditions due to a bustling economy.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- It is a Non-Aligned Aslan-dominated State located in the Ea Subsector of the Reaver's Deep Sector.
- It is the homeworld of the Polyphemes, a sophont species and a minor race.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Htalrea is the home of the Polyphemes, a minor race, and the Risth, a 200kg pouncer, prized for its scent glands that is the source of risthscent.
Native Sophont: Polypheme
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- In 1109, Caledon Ventures made contact with and opened up trade with the native Polyphemes.
- In 1113 they set up a permanent trade base, in an effort to break the Aslan corporation, Tlasayerlaahel’s monopoly on risthscent.
- Contact was lost with the base in 1114 when Tlasayerlaahel retaliated and destroyed the base. This appears to be a prelude to further operations against Caledon Ventures, which has in recent years has encroached upon Tlasayerlaahel’s domination of Ea subsector.
References & Contributors (Sources)
||This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- Classic Traveller Divine Intervention/Night of Conquest
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Classic Traveller Trading Team by J. Andrew Keith
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library dead link
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: Brett Kruger
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science