Fringian Tanker Semitrailer
The Tanker Semitrailer is a type of Ground Car.
Description / Specifications
The Tanker Semitrailer is a large cargo trailer designed to be towed by a Tractor Unit.
Hull / Suspension
A generally box-shaped hull constructed from alloys and composite materials.
- Length: 13.5m, Width: 2.4m, Height: 3.8m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 124m³ (9.2 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 6,500 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance and the coupling space for the Tractor Unit. The enclosed volume of the hull is lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on axles.
- The vehicle performs well on metalled surfaces but has a very limited off-road capability.
Power / Transmission
The trailer has no internal power source: it attaches to a Tractor Unit by way of a traction pin which fits into a "fifth wheel" coupling. The linkages also include power connectors, pressure hoses and control cables.
- As per the Tractor Unit towing it.
The trailer cannot move independently: it must be coupled to a Tractor Unit.
- Performance as per the Heavy Tractor Unit towing it.
- The trailer attaches to the tractor by way of a traction pin which fits into a "fifth wheel" coupling. The linkages also include power connectors, pressure hoses and control cables.
The trailer is a tanker: it has onboard pumps, sealable filling points, drains, internal baffles, and a governor unit that controls pumping operations. The interior of the tank is a sealed environment.
- Storage Tank: 45m³ (3.2 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 59,000 kg.
- Maximum Gross Weight: 65,500 kg.
History / Background
A large commercial tanker for moving bulk fluids along road networks.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|