Fringian Flatbed Semitrailer
Description / Specifications
The Flatbed Semitrailer is a large cargo trailer designed to be towed by a Tractor Unit.
Hull / Suspension
A generally box-shaped steel/plastic hull with a flat deck.
- Length: 12.2m, Width: 2.4m, Height: 1.7m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 49.8m³ (3.7 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 3800 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance and the coupling space for the Tractor Unit.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted onto axles.
- The vehicle performs well on metalled surfaces but has very limited off-road capability.
The trailer has no internal power source.
The trailer couples to a Tractor Unit by way of a traction pin which fits into a "fifth wheel" coupling. The linkages also include power connectors, pressure hoses and control cables.
- As per the Tractor Unit towing it.
The vehicle has an open cargo deck on which it is possible to stack a variety of loads. Multiple tethering points set into the deck and hull allow the load to be secured.
- Cargo Storage: up to 85m³ (6 dTons) of goods.
- Maximum Load: 24,000 kg.
- Maximum Gross Weight: 27,800 kg.
History / Background
A commercial trailer for moving bulk loads along road networks.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|