Coventry (RD 3207) (world)
This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Coventry/Gulf (Reaver's Deep 3207)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- A Prison World, exile camp, or prison camp for criminals or other exiles is located upon this world in addition to other points of interest.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Gulf (RD D) Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world has been known by at least two different names throughout history:
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Coventry Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Coventry
Primary Main Sequence 1.46 6500 - 7000 5.34 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01414 0.19167 1.84 - 2.99 1.414 14.14 Orbit # * 0 5 4 7 Remarks None
History & Background (Dossier)
The government of Coventry is a participating democracy with little formally structured legal code. All legal matters are handled at the local level.
- During a three-century period of the Long Night (circa -1620 to -1320), Coventry was a prison planet, and the site of numerous cruel and lethal biological experiments involving unwilling human and non-human subjects.
Even though nearly two and a half millenia have passed and Coventry is no longer a prison, the fearsome threat of "transport to Coventry" is still used effectively by unscrupulous law enforcement officials in certain Solomani subsectors. So infamous was this planet that one of the conditions of the Peace of Ftahalr was that the Imperium would never upgrade the Coventry starport facility above Class E.
Coventry is now the home for more than 50 million peaceful, hard-working inhabitants (many of them descendants of prisoners). Coventry also exports agro-products to Imperial worlds of nearby Daibei Sector. Cargo shuttles land at selected marked locations around the globe on Coventry, pick up unmarked pallets (they can be identified only as "from Reavers' Deep"), then depart as quietly as they came.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|