|Castell/Apge (Core 0410)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||G4 V M6 V|
- In a technological universe, societies without industrial capability generally suffer as nearly all manufactured and high tech goods must be brought in at significant cost.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Apge Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Daa.
Castell's surface is over 90% water; its ocean floors abound with metal and mineral wealth.
Binary Solar System
Castell Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Castell
Primary Main Sequence 0.96 4800 - 5700 0.778 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00869 0.07316 0.7 - 1.14 0.869 8.69 Orbit # * * 3 3 7 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Castell
Secondary Main Sequence 0.302 2000 - 2800 0.006 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00297 0.00615 0.06 - 0.1 0.297 2.97 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
In 758, known as Daa during the Ziru Sirka, negligence on the part of the population of the Myteria-Seru undersea arcology caused it to be completely flooded during a seismic disturbance, killing all of the 1.5 million inhabitants. The government decided that to prevent such a disaster from ever occurring again, it must carefully control all facets of life in the arcologies - a philosophy which the present-day government continues to promote.