Astrography and Planetology
No information yet available.
Arakaad Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Arakaad Primary Red M1 V
History and Background
- Her only notable export are her soldiers, acting as mid-tech mercenaries in numerous situations across the Imperial Empty Quarter - and beyond.
- While not especially talented or well-equipped, her troopers do tend to have common sense, are willing to take the initiative, and are reliably loyal to whoever is paying their wages.
The Fists of Arakaad - the planetary military - rarely leaves their home system. However, as part of a joint venture with the megacorporation Instellarms LIC, the StarFist has produced a prototype ‘mecha’ tank- testing eight-legged armored vehicles with a small expeditionary unit, deployed across the six Imperial subsectors of the Empty Quarter - the ‘Six Subsectors’.
Arakaad has always been something of an armed camp, which helped them survive the War of the Rebellion relatively undamaged. (It is one of the few worlds that suffered no loss of technology, and her population actually increased in the last generation by a full billion.) However, the collapse of the law level suggests a major cultural shift underway, with much less tolerance for discipline and order imposed from the top. How this will shape Arakaad’s relationship with the powers that are courting her remains to be seen. The opportunity of a wholesale conversion to star worship is possible, given the right circumstances (that agents of the Sacred are working overtime to promote.)
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Arakaad 0833 E68698A-9 Hi 524 Im
- CT - 1105 - Arakaad 0833 E68698A-8 Hi 824 Im
- MT - 1125 - Arakaad 0833 E686983-6 Hi 524 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - Arakaad 0833 E6869BC-7 Hi B 224 Wi - Wilds