Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Anther/Chant (Core 2021)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Anther is a non-agricultural and nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It has few prospects for economic development.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Chant Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was known as Shaashsha.
The world's landscape is an attractive one.
- Tall towers shoot up from the ground, and then at heights anywhere from 30 to 100 meters up they spread out like mushrooms, drooping down toward the ground.
- Over time, the structures eventually do reach the ground, forming an enclosed dome under which terraforming can be performed.
- On some towers, several domes spread out from different levels, creating concentric circles on the ground. Different areas of a complex can thus be used for different purposes, with farming in one, manufacturing in another, and recreation in a third.
- Since livable ground under the domes are precious, many inhabitants still live under the towers themselves, or in the attached "ceilings" of the domes.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Anther is a member of the Imperium.
- The system hosts a Naval Base.
- Anther is governed by an inefficient bureaucracy.