Starburst for Extreme Heroism
The Starburst for Extreme Heroism (SEH) is the highest award for courage given by the Imperium. It is given out rarely and only for the most extreme cases of heroic action under fire.
|Starburst for Extreme Heroism||SEH||Heroism||Highest award.|
|Starburst for Extreme Heroism w/ Diamonds||*SEH*||Heroism||Highest award.|
The medal is a 70mm wide circle made of iridium and is suspended from a 25mm-wide red-and-black cloth ribbon around the neck.
The obverse is inlaid with a pattern of colored gemstones in the form of an Imperial Starburst. The Starburst is in the service color of the recipient's arm of service. The Imperial Interstellar Scout Service is red; the Imperial Navy, yellow; the Imperial Army, black; and the Imperial Marines, maroon.
The reverse is engraved with the words: "With the Gratitude of the (Emperor/Empress) and Imperium, Our Thanks to (recipient's name) of (soldier's homeworld) for (his/her) Actions on (place where the medal was won) on (date of action)".
It is the only award that doesn't come in classes (though it can be granted either as a "straight" SEH or as the more prestigious SEH "with diamonds", (*SEH*)) and is issued uniquely. Every additional receipt is awarded with another medal.
- The holder of an SEH ranks just above the bearer of an MCG, and slightly below a Knight of the Empire in social status before the Emperor. 
Most of these awards have been given to members of the Imperial Army or Imperial Marines, with a significant number also awarded to the Imperial Navy. Many of the recipients of this award have received it posthumously.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Frank Chadwick. Mercenary (Game Designers Workshop, 1978), 4,10.
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Players' Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 48,49,53.
- Douglas E. Berry. Ground Forces (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), 52-53.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 48,71.
- Peter Gray - Traveller TNE Mailing List Deneb Sector Library Data: Miscellaneous Background published 20 June 2001
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Marc W Miller in documentation accompanying Traveller5 MCG-Card Award