- EXTERNAL LINK: Traveller version tags have been desired feature for wiki ship entries. This has been a long requested feature by a large number of fans. They are added to ship articles at the bottom of the entry under the heading "References & Contributors (Sources)."
There are either two or four Classic Traveller era starship designs systems. At minimum there are the CT Book 2 Designs and the High Guard designs. The differences between the system are significant enough they are not always considered compatible.
The differences between the 1st edition High Guard and the 2nd edition High Guard rules are, again, significant enough that designs produced by one system are not compatible with the other.
There is, as of this writing, a fascinating discussion ongoing in the TML regarding the differences between the 1977 published rules and the 1980 published rules of Book 2. Tjoneslo (talk) 22:01, 25 October 2019 (EDT)
It's one of the two or four then.
- We can upgrade or detail later... Everything is a trad off.
- Aware of differences.
- Lost Rules of Traveller
Tjoneslo, please see if this upgrade satisfies your desire for more detail?
- And please add on to it and edit it until you are happy.
- Would you please provide a link to the TML thread that you mentioned?
Suggested alterations to the template (2019)
|The featured ship was originally designed using one of the Classic Traveller ship design rules:|
- Use the class="va-templatebox" with fewer alterations, which is used by the sources template. Makes more things visually identical.
- Use Template: Ludography ref to provide links / pages of the books.
- Simplify / edit the language used to be much clearer.
I don't know about clearer, but if it makes you happy, go for it.
- Simple declarative sentences seem far clearer.
Tjoneslo, are you sure it needs to be changed?
- It's getting fantastic feedback including from most of the folks on my list who requested it.
- The simple approach appears to be a winner, without needing more complex citations or additions.
- The only way to really tell would be a comparison. Let me update the template and ask again if they like the changes. Tjoneslo (talk) 11:21, 29 October 2019 (EDT)
Ok. Sure thing.
- Thanks for your hard work and innovative ideas.
Ok. Posted publicly on social media and privately contacted a variety of fans.