Talk:Trade Map Key
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Starport UWP Codes Starport/Spaceport Codes Code Size Quality Shipyards Repair Refuel A (Starport) 7 Excellent Starships Overhaul Refined B (Starport) 6 Good Spacecraft Overhaul Refined C (Starport) 5 Routine Minimal Major Unrefined D (Starport) 4 Poor Minimal Minor Unrefined E (Starport) 1 Frontier None None Unrefined F (Spaceport) 3 Good Minimal Minor Unrefined G (Spaceport) 2 Poor None Superficial Unrefined H (Spaceport) 0 Primitive None None None X (Starport) 0 None None None None Y (Spaceport) 0 None None None None
- The relationship between port code and port size implied by this table is completely wrong.
- - Based upon the calculations from GT:Starports the size and port code have no real relation.
- - 220.127.116.11 16:01, 7 January 2016 (EST)
I'm prerolling the traffic insystem for my group's anticipated destnations, and I saw that you'd already labeled worlds with their TC.
- How does the hexidecimal figure translate to a TC of Main, Feeder, Backwater, or Frontier?
- The new sector data files are incredibly useful and must have been a lot of work. Huzzah!
- Should/can we also link to the raw data files on Traveller Map.com?
- Also, I *think* the Army calcs are off for worlds with breathable atmospheres: 5, 6, 8, and maybe D and E. Or at least for Magyar -- haven't checked other sectors. Basically, the number of battalions should be larger by an order of magnitude.
- - Garnfellow (talk) 11:28, 22 June 2014 (EDT)
- I realized the data files should contain a link to the TravellerMap source data and added that to the header information. When the next update hits TravellerMap, I'll redo the entire set and update everything.
- The army sizes for worlds with breathable atmosphere is wrong, and is so for every sector. It should be the next step up. I did the comparison wrong. That will also be fixed for the next go around.
- The only breathable atmospheres I have listed are 5,6,8, but not D or E (or, in theory, F). The only two references I have for army calculations are the Rebellion Sourcebook and GT: Ground Forces. The former doesn't mention them, the latter doesn't acknowledge the atmosphere types above C.
- - Tjoneslo (talk) 12:03, 22 June 2014 (EDT)
- I think the original army calcs appeared in "Troops in the Fifth Frontier War", JTAS 10. I don't think that article spells out the atmospheres, either. I kinda hate the D, E, or F codes and they are so rare anyway it probably doesn't make a difference. Also, as a house rule, I treat any system under military rule as having no army.
- - Garnfellow (talk) 13:33, 22 June 2014 (EDT)