Talk:T5 Second Survey
"Adjust the TLs of all worlds in the Imperium to be a maximum of 15" Note that this does not include the legal results of a few worlds outside the Imperium which have legal UWP for the ranges allowed in T5. Neither do these Extra-High Tech worlds have an effect on the Imperium or any timeline thereof. So long as their world articles make sense, these Xhigh Tech results should remain on TravellerMap and legal entries on the wiki. The Pakkrat (talk) 08:50, 24 November 2019 (EST)
- The page is missing some of the historical details of why the project was started / completed and a few of the goals.
- The original project scope was the just Imperium. As Don explained it to me: "every sector with three or more Imperial worlds".
- One of the explicit goals of the project was to ensure the Imperium, as represented in the Stellar Data, reflected Marc's vision of the Imperium and the larger charted space around it. The Imperium was the largest, most technologically advanced, richest, and most powerful empire in charted space.
- Once the Imperial sectors were completed (2009-10), the original design team moved on to other projects. Several of the existing members and a few new people picked up the project with the goal of extending the review to more of the sectors of space. I know there has been reviews on, sectors in Zhodani space, Vargr sectors, Hive Federation, and Aslan sectors, and a few in between. Very few of them have gone through an official review and sign off by Marc.
- The strong implication of the statement(s) was that very few worlds in charted space outside of the Imperium would be TL-15, and none would exceed that. The few exceptions (e.g. Sabmiqys (Antares 2117)) would have a explanation not just be the results of a random die roll.
- As a matter of policy, I agree with you. The Wiki is not the T5 Second Survey board, and does not enforce these rules. The wiki allows adding these worlds and I would love to see the explanations on these worlds. And if the T5SS review ever gets to some of these sector with the worlds with the Extra-High tech worlds, having the written explanations would be very helpful. Tjoneslo (talk) 11:27, 24 November 2019 (EST)
I would be very pleased to help. Let me know how. Dwarf stars? which sectors? to show class and type? Sorry if I`m in the wrong place. But if so, please inform me.
- The T5 Second Survey work is done through the T5SS mailing list: https://www.freelists.org/list/t5secondsurvey
- This is pretty quiet right now, but any help with reviews is always appreciated. Once the work has been completed there it is published on Traveller Map and then to the wiki.
- - Tjoneslo (talk) 19:38, 5 September 2018 (EDT)
This isn't a fan project. It's an official and canon publication worked on and approved by Marc.
Ok. Let's re-classify it then.