Joshua Bell - Coming in way, way after the fact but wanting to help sort out the data...
It might be worth clarifying the sources for the data that was believed uploaded to GEnie.
- FALSE: The data was used for generating the Atlas of the Imperium
- There are plenty of discrepancies in the data, including missing worlds. Instead, it looks like an attempt was made to recreate the Atlas data, imperfect results. (Still pretty good, statistically speaking)
- The data matches that published in DGP's Travellers' Digest or MegaTraveller Journal, or a MegaTraveller Aliens supplement, when available:
- Sectors modified by HIWG members have names for all worlds
- EXTERNAL LINK: I know very little about the SunBane data set and Galactic software. All of you fans out there, please educate me, share links, articles, and similar products with me so that I can learn more.
- EXTERNAL LINK: I know very little about the Heaven & Earth design software. All of you fans out there, please educate me, share links, articles, and similar products with me so that I can learn more.
Fan-created map sites (2018)
The "Description (Specifications)" sections item 8 reads:
- It also ended up on numerous internet fan sites including the Interactive Atlas of the Imperium, Map of Traveller Charted Space, TravellerMap, and others.
Should some or all of those sites have pages too? And isn't TravellerMap connected to this site? Or just linked by this site because it hosts the closest thing to this site's data?
Steve, it would be great if those sites were linked too. We'd just need to check with the owners to make sure we had permission.
All of those sites, and a few others are linked on the Traveller RPG:Community Portal page, under Map & Astrography Sites, as well as a few others.