- EXTERNAL LINK: Old technologies sometimes have uses that newer generations cannot fathom... Artifacts are tough to figure out because they come from different mindsets...
- EXTERNAL LINK: Aliens. The Fermi Paradox asks why we haven't found any evidence of aliens. Here are 13 potential answers to that question.
- EXTERNAL LINK: HARVARD PROF: FINDING DEAD ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS COULD SAVE HUMANS
- EXTERNAL LINK: Cosmic Archeology: Detecting Dead Civilizations through Necromarkers
- EXTERNAL LINK: What I need help with is artifacts. Specifically, "different" artifacts.
Eminent Domain (2019)
"Imperial Law requires all artifacts found in Imperial Space to be turned over to the Third Imperium." I'd like that cited, 'cause I think it's not true.
It's in GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 3. Probably other spots too.
"Artifacts are generally considered to be high technology objects, generally in the TL:10-18 range or higher." Cite this, 'cause I think that "Artifact" is the umbrella term, rather than a subrange.
That's me. We have a pile of conflicting definitions from canon literature.