|Matrix/Unnamed (Ahriman ????)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Matrix is a nonindustrial water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is the homeworld of the Inyx and the third planet orbiting a yellow main sequence star.
- The Inyx name for this world is untranslatable.
- In addition to Matrix the Inyx also directly control 17 systems in Ahriman Sector.
Matrix is an medium-sized world with a thin but breathable oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere. The planet is covered with water, with only a few island chains, which are crowded with factory-cities. Matrix has a rather warm climate with very turbulent weather conditions, as storms and hurricanes never break on land.
2337 Matrix (Inyx Economic Sphere)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 6,216 miles (9,900 km). Gravity: 0.79g.
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 7 billion.
Control Level: 5.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: ?.
Trove is a small metallic moon in close orbit, tidally locked to Matrix. With its rich mineral resources, Trove houses most of the planet’s heavy industry and is home to a large Inyx city with a population of 4.5 million.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Matrix’s population consists of 2 billion Inyx and an estimated 5 billion sapient genetic constructs and slaves. Most of these non-Inyx have been designed or altered to live underwater, with their lungs replaced with bionic gills or genetic modifications.
- For geopolitical reasons, nearly all alien slaves on Matrix are non-Aslan: most are Human or Dolphin.