Mashkim are Vilani constabularies or civil police.
- This term tends to have different connotations depending on a world's or people's experience with the Ziru Sirka.
A singular constable is a Mashik. A female constable is a mashka. A very important one is a Mashgik. Mashkim is plural and gender neutral.
The first major interstellar civilization, politically and culturally dominated by humans originating on Vland (Vland 1717). The jump drive was discovered on Vland in -9235. Immediately the Vilani discovered a number of interfertile and technologically primitive human races on worlds within 60 parsecs. These were gradually brought to a high-technology state with Vilani help and assimilated into a loose interstellar community bound by trade and common culture.
- Eventually, the client races themselves explored beyond the local sphere, contacting and trading with still more races. These new races gained their technology without being assimilated into Vilani culture; the resulting increased friction eventually resulted in a series of wars beginning in about -5400.
- In response to the threat, Vland began tightening its control of its trade sphere, and finally organizing it into a centralized state in -5273. This marked the beginnings of the First Imperium, although there was as yet no emperor. During the thousand year period of the Consolidation Wars, Vland conquered and absorbed its enemies until there were no longer any civilized states on its borders (...except for a portion of the Vargr Extents, isolated from the Imperium by the Windhorn Rift).
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Cirque: The Usual Suspects
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Gregory P. Lee
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science