Fringian Standard Truck
The Standard Truck is a type of Ground Car.
Description / Specifications
The Standard Truck is a large cargo transport vehicle designed for use by commercial organisations.
Hull / Suspension
A generally box-shaped hull constructed from steel.
- Length: 6.9m (cabin length 2.5m), Width: 2.3m, Height: 2.5m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 40m³ (3 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 4,100 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the contoured hull is substantially lower.
The Standard Truck is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on a series of axles.
- The vehicle performs well on metalled surfaces but has a relatively limited off-road capability.
Power / Transmission
A medium internal combustion power plant using hydrocarbon fuel. The fuel is contained within a protected tank.
- Cruise Speed: 50 kph, Top Speed: 80 kph. Off-road Speed: less than 25 kph.
- Range: 500 km at Cruise Speed, 400 km at Top Speed.
Passengers / Cargo
The crew compartment consists of an enclosed front mounted cabin fitted with clear windows and containing two front seats – an additional passenger can be accommodated though such arrangements are cramped. The vehicle has basic environmental protection (the hull is weatherproof but is not sealed). The driver's position is fitted with basic mechanical controls. A console provides data such as engine temperature and velocity. The cabin has storage for personal items and tools.
Cargo is carried in an open topped high sided rear compartment.
- Cargo Storage: approximately 16m³ (1.1 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 3,400 kg.
- Maximum Gross Weight: 7,500 kg.
Headlights and running lights.
History / Background
A commercial vehicle available in a variety of body styles. Vehicles of this type often have distinctive livery.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|