Fringian Sports Car
The Sports Car is a type of Ground Car.
Description / Specifications
The Sports Car is an exquisitely crafted, very fast vehicle designed for the exclusive luxury market.
Hull / Suspension
A boxy but aerodynamic hull constructed from alloys and strong lightweight materials.
- Length: 5m, Width: 1.6m, Height: 1.3m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 10.4m³ (0.8 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 850 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the contoured hull is substantially lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on axles.
- The vehicle has excellent performance on metalled surfaces but has almost no off-road capability.
Power / Transmission
A small, finely tuned supercharged internal combustion power plant using hydrocarbon fuel. The power plant is electronically managed and has a very high power to weight ratio. The fuel is contained within a small protected tank.
- Cruise Speed: 240 kph, Top Speed: 330 kph. Off-road Speed: less than 15 kph.
- Range: 600 km at Cruise Speed, 350 km at Top Speed.
Crew / Passengers
The crew compartment consists of a centrally located enclosed cabin fitted with clear windows and containing two front seats. The seating is fitted with safety harnesses. The vehicle has basic environmental protection (the hull is weatherproof but is not sealed), and is fitted with interior lights and air conditioning. The driver's position is equipped with advanced mechanical controls. An onboard computer system manages the vehicle and a console / heads-up display provides data such as velocity and component status.
There is no dedicated cargo storage.
- Cargo Storage: 0.1m³ (within the cabin interior).
- Maximum Load: 150 kg (including passenger) before performance is impaired.
Headlights and running lights. A small (typically 50 km range) communications and navigation system. The vehicle is fitted with proximity sensors, an onboard computer management system and a variety of driver aids.
History / Background
A powerful, extremely fast model of ground car built to exacting standards and incorporating many advanced features. It is available in a variety of body styles and colors. Such vehicles are produced in limited numbers and are much sought after. They are known for being temperamental, difficult to handle and fragile.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science