Fringian Basic Propeller Aircraft
|Basic Propeller Aircraft|
|Mode||Flight (Propeller Aircraft)|
The Basic Propeller Aircraft is a type of Fixed Wing Aircraft.
Description / Specifications
The Basic Propeller Aircraft is a small, nimble aircraft designed primarily as a personal transport.
The fuselage of the aircraft is constructed from steel, wood, wire, and tough fabric. The aircraft has a biplane configuration with upper and lower sets of wings: these provide a large lift surface contained within a relatively small area.
- Length: 5.8m, Fuselage Diameter: 1.4m, Height: 2.5m (including the upright rear rudder).
- Fuselage Volume: 20.3m³ (1.5 dTons).
- Wingspan: 8.3m (+2.0 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 650 kg.
The aircraft requires around 120m³ (approximately 8.6 dTons) of space when it is parked.
The aircraft has a fixed undercarriage fitted with wheels.
Power / Transmission
A medium internal combustion power plant using hydrocarbon fuel. The fuel supply is contained within a protected tank.
- The vehicle is noisy.
- Takeoff Run: 150m.
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 950 kg.
- Cruise Speed: 130 kph, Top Speed: 170 kph, Stall Speed: 60 kph.
- Duration: 3 hours at Cruise Speed, 2 hours at Top Speed.
- Maximum Altitude: 5,400m (depending on the local atmosphere type).
Crew / Passengers
The fuselage contains a centrally located open cockpit with a transparent front window. The crew facilities consist of two seats, one behind the other. The seats are fitted with safety harnesses. The pilots position is fitted with basic mechanical controls. Gauges and indicators provide data such as velocity, altitude, and component status.
There is very limited cargo storage within the cockpit.
- Cargo Storage: 2m³ (0.1 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 250 kg (including passenger) before performance is impaired.
History / Background
A very basic aircraft designed to transport personnel.
See also: Flying Craft of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|