|Author||Bryan Gibson, Daniel W. Hammersley|
|Available from||DriveThru RPG|
Written by Bryan Gibson, who has provided art, conceptual designs and illustrations for Traveller for nearly thirty years, and Daniel W. Hammersley, who has written one sourcebook and five adventure modules to the Traveller TNE: 1248 line, Field Manual looks at the life and work of mercenaries both in and out of the Third Imperium.
From time immemorial there have been warriors. Men who fought not from need or as conscripts but as their trade. Warriors are not a phenomenon unique to man; virtually every culture has warriors, from the Ancients to the Vargr and Aslan. And where there are warriors, there are those who fight, not for clan, nation, race or creed, but rather for pay.
They are the mercenaries. Field Manual provides Referees and players with all the information needed to run Mercs in a Traveller game or campaign, including:
- Everything you need to know about mercenaries in Traveller: what makes a mercenary; how they behave, and why they do what they do; why they are what they are; and how they engage in their very dangerous trade.
- The daily affairs of mercenaries: what makes a good contract and why; a Merc’s daily life and routine; how they operate within the Third Imperium; and why many are just as happy to operate outside its borders.
- A look at the different types of mercenary units: including detailed write-ups of Merrick’s Rangers, The Dark Angels starmercs, and more.
- A first glimpse of Urnian Subsector in Foreven Sector: the sector’s political entities and events, and a detailed look at its history.
- The Inanye, a new alien species!
- A Change of Management, a complete mercenary adventure, including a planetary summary with planetary and local maps.
- Bryan Gibson, Daniel W. Hammersley
- John Griffiths
- David Redington
- Stephanie McAlea
- Subsector map
- John Griffiths
- David Billinghurst, Sue Cottle
Table of Contents
|A glimpse of Foreven||29|
|A change of management||37|