|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
- It is a boxed rulebook set written for Classic Traveller.
Deluxe Traveller is designed as a newcomer's introduction to role-playing and to Traveller.
- It includes the Basic Traveller set of three 48-page books (Books 1, 2, and 3), just like the separate boxed Basic Traveller set.
- In addition, it contains the following materials:
- Book 0, An Introduction To Traveller, covers basic details about role-playing in general, and Traveller in particular. Book 0 discusses many role-playing concepts for the beginning player and referee; it helps guide you into the realm of science-fiction role-playing.
- Introductory Adventure, The Imperial Fringe, is a complete adventure for Traveller. All of the basic preparation is pregenerated, and the adventure can be begun once the referee reads through the books.
- The Spinward Marches Map is a full four color, 17" x 22" map of a stellar subsector which is already the subject of several Traveller adventures. The Introductory Adventure is set in the Spinward Marches.
- 1981, 1983 ... GDW 300
Table of Contents
Library Data Entries (Public)
Library Data Entries (Automated)
|Library data entries|
Following the release of Starter Traveller in 1983, Game Designers' Workshop offered a new printing of Deluxe Traveller that replaced Books 1, 2, and 3 with the 64-page Rules Booklet and the 24-page Charts and Tables booklet from Starter Traveller. As Starter Traveller is somewhat simplified from the little black books, Game Designers' Workshop added to the box an 8-page booklet titled "Additional Rules" which ensured compatibility with all pre-existing Traveller material as it included the rules removed from or changed for the Starter Traveller books. The supplementary materials: Book 0, The Imperial Fringe, and the map of the Spinward Marches, are unchanged. Copies of Deluxe Traveller with the Starter Traveller books can be distinguished from copies with Books 1, 2, and 3 as the text on the box top is rendered in bold type instead of a normal weight font.
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credits (Primary Sources)|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
Commentary & Data articles:
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|