A Magnetic Compass indicates direction of local magnetic north, if the world has magnetic poles.
- IT is a navigational device.
Most habitable worlds have magnetic fields to deflect solar radiation. May be influenced and give false readings in the vicinity of large masses of iron.
Sophisticated models (Cr100) may be used for coarse surveying or navigation tasks.
Compasses are usually tailored to the needs of a particular world, since alignment of magnetic pole with geographical pole varies with each world.
No information yet available.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 56.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 345.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 26.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science