Jennell Jaquays is a Traveller artist, contributor, and fan.
The early career of Jennell Jaquays is best defined by her designs for RPG adventures like Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia for Judges Guild and Griffin Mountain for Chaosium.
- She began her career in the mid 70s as a pioneering artist and designer in the area of pre-created game adventures for the Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) pencil and paper role-playing game by way of the D&D fan magazine, The Dungeoneer. In addition she produced illustrations for Game Designers' Workshop (GDW), most notably creating all the starship illustrations in Supplement 9 - Fighting Ships. A number of these became the basis for starship models and the deckplans found in the Mongoose Traveller Supplement 3 - Fighting Ships.
- She moved on to designing and directing the design of video games for Coleco in the early 80s; then on to freelancing as an artist, writer, editor, and game designer after that up until the early 90s when he joined TSR, Inc., the publisher of Dungeons and Dragons as a cover illustrator. In March of 1997 she took up level designing for id Software before moving on to Ensemble Studios in early 2002 to take a postions as a content designer. Jennell Jaquays has been instrumental in establishing Guildhall at SMU, a graduate level game development program at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX
- As a freelancer, she wrote and edited quite a few more roleplaying game adventures for TSR, designed the encounters for Interplay’s version of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, vol. 1) and lost count of the number of illustrations she drew and painted for numerous publishers. As a TSR Illustrator, she’s is best known for a distinctive bright red dragon that was used on the cover of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons boxed game adventure, Dragon Mountain and later on the Dragonlance story collection, Dragons of Krynn.
- In 2012, Jennell Jaquays was one of four co-founders of Olde Sküül, Inc., a game development studio and publishing house based in Seattle, WA.
- *Prior to 2012, Jennell's work appeared under the name of Paul Jaquays.
History & Background (Dossier)
She produced illustrations for Game Designers' Workshop (GDW), most notably creating all the starship illustrations in Supplement 9 - Fighting Ships.
- A number of these became the basis for starship models and the deckplans found in the Mongoose Traveller Supplement 3 - Fighting Ships.
Traveller RPG Wiki Participation
This person has not yet elected to participate at the wiki.
References & Contributions (Sources)
This person has authored, contributed, playtested, or otherwise participated in the publication of the following products:
|Books by this Author|
This person has the following external links available: