|Whitman/Delhi (Holowon 0423)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- In a technological universe, societies without industrial capability generally suffer as nearly all manufactured and high tech goods must be brought in at significant cost.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Caliphate of Estalia in the Delhi Subsector of Holowon Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
There is religious rule on this dry world. Low gravity and an atmospheric taint of tiny silica particulates make travel outside hazardous without proper air filtration systems.
Whitman Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Whitman
Primary Main Sequence 1.144 5700 - 6400 2.126 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01096 0.12094 1.16 - 1.89 1.096 10.96 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
Whitman is the site of the only shipyard serving the Caliphate of Estalia polity.
- The fleet of the Caliphate of Estalia is located there.
- The lead ships were built at Whitman, the shipyard has a 52,500 ton capacity and there are 15 battalions of Fanatical Caliphate Zealots here for defense.
- These include the Carrack Class Transport, Caliphate Class Scout and the Estalia Class Warship built at TL–10.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.