A Watt is a unit of measurement of energy.
A watt is a unit of power equivalent to one Joule per second and is used to quantify the rate of energy transfer.
Term Usage Example
A galley food blender, mixing the ingredients for a delicious pot of Vilnafku over a period of around 1 hour, uses in the region of 400 watts of energy.
History & Background (Dossier)
The watt was first defined as a unit of energy on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the watt useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- ↑ An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak