Talk:Traveller 5:Core Rules
- EXTERNAL LINK: OK folks, sell me on T5. What's great about it?
- EXTERNAL LINK: Discussion of 2019 New T5 Core Rule Set on Reddit
- EXTERNAL LINK: This table from T5 is REALLY starting to bug me.
- EXTERNAL LINK: CotI: I think could be very good in page close to the final of the book a Abbreviation and Acronym page(s). The book use many Abbreviation and Acronym and sometimes is hard to remember what is or which page was used first time to check. If someone know there is a page can look any Abbreviation and Acronym will be much easier to get the information.
- EXTERNAL LINK: FB: T5 Feedback: General feeling on T5 vs CT?
- EXTERNAL LINK: CotI: But I just decided to try to make a system in T5 and gave up.
- EXTERNAL LINK: How I long for a properly formatted and linked T5 PDF.
5.0 vs. 5.09? (2018)
As Rob and I have discovered there are significant differences between the 5.0 and the 5.09 versions of the T5 core book. Do we want to have one entry for each edition? Even if only to keep the page references consistent for each edition?
That seems like a good idea. My hard copy is probably 5.0. I think 5.09 is only electronic. Is that right?
Do you want to take the lead on this?
Thinking aloud about how best to accomodate the new Books. From what I see, this page is mostly dedicated to T5/T5.09. I think this should stay as not everyone will move to .10, so we need to cater for them too. However, I think 5.10 warrants it's own page and own content. We now have 3 books instead of 1. We have a lot more content. We have a vastly improved layout, rules etc.
I am happy to add the content.
Naming wise, is T5dot10 official or is it just T5? Whatever we chose, we need to make sure its obvious that there are two pages, one for T5/T5.09 and one for T5.10.
I don't know for sure.
- Let's wait for Thomas Jones-low to respond. This seems like his wheelhouse.
Having the 5.10 books as separate entries is a good idea. Just because I can't leave things alone I would make the following recommendations:
- Name this article and the new ones following the naming conventions established for GURPS and Mongoose Traveller. The article should be "Traveller 5th: Core Rules", and so on.
- use the edition parameter to the template e.g.
|edition = 5.09or
|edition = 5.10to distinguish the books.