- EXTERNAL LINK: How are Spacecraft moved around a Starport when they are 'grounded'? e.g they have a power plant failure and need to be moved off a landing pad and into a repair bay or hangar. I have very rarely seen a spacecraft with wheels. Are there ground tugs?
- EXTERNAL LINK: Anybody got any rules for updating & upgrading starports?
- EXTERNAL LINK: What's the highest-class starport currently on earth? It seems to me that, say... Edwards AFB or the Russian equivalent would manage to be a Class E... or maybe even D, if they have enough water around as unrefined fuel. Thoughts?
- EXTERNAL LINK: Traveller Starport Classes at Traveller Illustrated by Mirco Adam
- EXTERNAL LINK: This is what I think a Parkbay looks like. A big concrete pad with blast protection berms all around.
- EXTERNAL LINK: I've had some thoughts on starports for a little while, and thought I'd share them. Comments, questions, and smart remarks are welcome.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Park Bays by T. Price
- EXTERNAL LINK: Ian Stead images: Done a few port ideas in the past...
- EXTERNAL LINK: The recent Starport thread was talking about runway numbering by compass heading. Someone asked why we assumed they were still using 360 degrees in a circle.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Golly... That article makes me feel old... I got a cheque for £35 for it. The first money I felt I had earned... I framed the cheque. Then I cashed the cheque and framed a photocopy...
- EXTERNAL LINK: Spaceports
- EXTERNAL LINK: Starports Daashulinta Sharakkannik
Supplementary Data (2017)
- Entabulate facilities.
- Work templates.
- Directly correlate and compare Book 6 to T5.
- Include Gamelords Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector.
- Include referral tree. Create a referral tree.
- A = Class V
- B = Class IV
- C = Class III
- D = Class II
- E = Class I
What kind of worlds do starport codes F, G, H, X, and Y apply to?
- Aren't they only for satellite worlds? Or just TNE? I do not recall off the top of my head.
- Those codes are for the secondary worlds in the system. They come from book 6.
- - 18.104.22.168 00:21, 13 March 2017 (EDT)
- I'll pull out my Book 6 and correct then. Thank you for your assistance.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 06:50, 13 March 2017 (EDT)
Yup that's true, but I suspect that MWM's canon answer will be that Starport type relates directly to the Starport of the mainworld. Is it worth adding the G:T Starport types to the page, or will that step on SJG's toes and cause us problems?
- - Gruffty 10:44, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
It is still a contrivance, there is no way in the extended system to show a UWP for the non-main planet with a spaceport (starport) with an Overhaul capability or construction capability.
There need to be codes for better spaceports within a system.
- - Dcorrin 18:50, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
- It is possible for a system to have multiple mainworlds, just rare.