Jump to navigation Jump to search
- EXTERNAL LINK: Just a question to the hive mind (and , yes I have read the wiki entry). How do you handle anagathics in your games? And do you have/use different types?
- EXTERNAL LINK: So, something I’ve never understood. Anagathics? Why did they become illegal in later versions of Traveller? Likewise gerontology from JTAS.
- EXTERNAL LINK: So much for Methuselah's Children...
- EXTERNAL LINK: "Once you stop taking anagathics, you rapidly age to the age you would have been, in just a few minutes."
- EXTERNAL LINK: I know, there is a good reason why humaniti hasn't solved the riddle of rejuvenation in the OTU: It might make society too alien for players
- "After about 60 years of use (15 periods of cumulative use, with or without periods of interruption), anagathics begin to turn on their users. The manipulation of the body's growth ability that is used to keep the body constantly renewing itself to mantain youthful cells begins to get out of sync. This is first evidenced by the growth of rather unsightly cysts and tumors, and the discoloration of certain body areas where local cell growth is getting out of control..."
- Anagathic Side Effects (TNE core rulebook, page 34)
External Link: I wonder if they have bargain rate anagathics.
- "I had an idea of two different anagathic drugs. Eterna would let you live forever if you kept taking it. But Methuselex would only let you live for 1000 years, then stop working. Black Market versions of both being costly and unreliable."
- - Kel Ross
- EXTERNAL LINK: Anti-aging Drugs: From Basic Research to Clinical Practice (Drug Discovery)
- EXTERNAL LINK: FB:Immortality/Anagathics
- EXTERNAL LINK: How common are anagathics in Traveller? Is it something only the superrich get, the rich get, or everyone not desperately poor gets?
- EXTERNAL LINK: Aging Process May Be Reversable, Scientists Claim